Follow meandering creeks through acres of waving reeds, flushing flocks of wading egrets and skittering sandpipers. Enjoy vistas ranging from forest-bordered marshland to the Manhattan skyline. Explore a natural oasis in the heart of the most densely-populated part of the most densely-populated state in the country, 5 miles from 15 million people, but a world away.
Tour Packages & Prices
**2021 Special: $5 off for Nurses, Doctors, & First Responders**
|1 prsn||$40||Kayak, paddle, lifevest, guide|
|2-4 ppl||$30 per person||Kayaks, paddles, lifevests, guide|
|5-7 ppl||$25 per person||Kayaks, paddles, lifevests, guide|
|Child 5-13||$15 (max. 1 child)||Seat in 2-person kayak, paddle, lifevest, guide|
|$20 per child||Kayak, paddle, lifevest, guide|
Family of 4
(2 adults + 2 kids)
|4 solo kayaks OR 1 tandem + 2 solo kayaks, paddles, lifevests, guide|
Family of 3
(2 adults + 1 kid)
|3 solo kayaks OR 1 tandem + 1 solo kayak, paddles, lifevests, guide|
*Price you pay based on day-of group size. Private tours available on request.
CONTACT US for more info and reservations! email@example.com
- Most tours start 10 or 11 a.m. and end by 1 or 2 p.m.
- Check our Tour Calendar for availability.
- Meet at River Barge Park in Carlstadt.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, shorts/bathing suit/pants you don’t mind getting wet, shirt and shoes you don’t mind getting a little wet, hat, water bottle.
- Signed liability waiver required from all participants.
- Minimum age: Children 5 and up may ride or paddle in the front seat of our two-person kayak. Children 14 and older may paddle a solo kayak.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please note we can no longer offer transportation to or from the River Barge Park boat launch.
- More information in our FAQs.
Tour routes subject to tides, time, and participant ability. Tours run from 2-3 hours. Kayak tours below listed in order of level of difficulty, from beginner to a little more experienced (no worries, no whitewater on the Hack!). The tours involving more time and distance on the Hackensack River are generally the more challenging ones.
Tours Departing River Barge Park, Carlstadt:
- Hackensack Meadowlands Nature Conservation Area
- Mill Creek Marsh
- Cromakill Creek & Marsh
- Berry’s Creek Canal
- Bellman’s Creek
- Hackensack River Railroad Bridges
- Berry’s Creek
Tours Departing Laurel Hill Park, Secaucus:
- Sawmill Creek Marsh Nature Conservation Area
- Kingsland Creek & Marsh
Visit our Tour Calendar for availability and pre-scheduled routes (tours subject to change due to tides, weather, and participant desire and ability). Tours are designed to take best advantage of tides and prevailing conditions.
- Sunset Tours: Check our Tour Calendar for available dates for these mid-week evening tours, meeting at River Barge Park at 5:30 p.m.
- Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts Pack Paddles: Our Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts trips are strictly limited to a maximum of 5 kids in solo kayaks for maximum personal attention, and also allow for one additional adult with or without a child in the tandem kayak. (Note: Kayaking BSA patch certification not available for this tour since no capsizing and boat ramp entry and exit only.)
CONTACT US for more info and reservations!